fredag 21 februari 2014

Bye bye comfort zone!

The first week at Complete Vocal Institute (CVI) is now over, and I feel great! I really love what I´m doing= learning. My classmates have got these amazing voices and our teachers are sooo talented! I feel like I have more energy now than I´ ve had in a long time. 

This first week has really turned me up side down. Already on our first day at the Academy we had to step out of our comfort zone, improvisation was on our schedule. Improvistion scares me! I was sweating like a pig and shaking like a leaf... I was so far beyond my comfort zone just to hear the word improvisation. We were devided into groups and our task was to come up with a short melody/song which included harmonies, rap, a rhytm, a bas line and so on... Fortunately I was saved by having great musicians in my group. So it ended up being really interresting and it was also a good way to break the ice. 

We have been introduced to 4 different kinds of singing methods at CVI; neutral, curbing, overdrive and edge. I do know that singing can be hard, but I didn´ t know that singing was this complicated! Still, these theories do make sence to me. During our sessions we´ve had time for individual "try-outs". Those people who know me well know that I don´ t like being the center of the universe, but CVI have no mercy. During our first round I thought I would die. But after a while I realiced that we all have some things to work on.

On the evenings I´ ve done some studying, of cause. One day my new danish neighbours invited me to their pancake evening. I couldn´ t say no to that! I also have been doing some outdoor exercise (jogging), a good way of exploring a new area. Last night I went out for a drink with my new classmates. It was a lot of fun!

 Now it's time for icehockey, Finland - Sweden. Good luck Suomi!!!

Many hugs,
Frida



  
   

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar